Thursday, June 9, 2011

White Picket Fences- Altered Cardboard Project

White picket fences...
were all around my neighborhood where I grew up.
***
forgottenoldphotos
***
A Sunday chore, for the boys on the block,
would be to help paint the fence; along aside with their Dad.
And...
you knew if someone was in trouble...
if
they were painting the whole fence all by themselves!!
***
My Grandpa grew "sweet peas" 
a long side his white picket fence.

I couldn't imagine any other name for these peas...
could you?
They are simply sweet!
"sweet peas"
***
The question was brought to my attention...
Do you wish for a fence around our new home?
Yes...
a white picket fence!
It holds such simply, sweet memories.
To me they say...
"welcome home"
kick your shoes off, and stay awhile...

Altered Book Project




page 12

I really got playful...
AND
created a dollhouse page.
Remember...
explore art through child-like eyes!
Happy Thursday 







6 comments:

  1. Ooh this is great, I love the picket fence you created on the book. Also loving the photo of the sweet peas - I had sweet peas in my wedding bouquet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunshine yellow page. Cardboard is so nice to work with, too! Have a sweet day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet peas are such gorgeous little flowers. White picket fences are such a lovely image of "home," but I don't have any such personal associations with them...kind of makes me want to put up a picket fence so my girls WILL have that association!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you should put up a white picket fence! :]
    If you have a garden... build one together, what fun
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, so much nostalgia. Love this page. Where did you grow up?

    ReplyDelete