Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pink Houses- Thursday's Alteration

Little Pink Houses
If you haven't noticed...
I've got houses on my mind!
It must be the fact...
we will be moving out of state, after my husband retires.
Late this summer...
we will be packing up
moving on to another chapter in our lives
 and 
for me, I will be leaving behind my loved-ones.
I will admit...
leaving
  Sunny California
is going to be hard!
So, if you find me rambling on about houses...
see house photos posted on my blog... 
or
creating artwork with house themes...
please forgive me.
For now...
this is my only way to cope with this move.
Art heals. 
I find by creating art and using "houses" as the subject...
it releases some of my anxiety.
With all that being said...
here is my
Little Pink Houses
Altered Book Project
created by
April Cole
page 6

A recap of pages 

5 and 6
Here is a sneak peek...
 on my next altered cardboard page!
Can you guess what it is...?
I am just getting started!
I really am excited about this page.

Inspire others...
Explore new techniques...
Be playful with art...
and
have yourself...
A Happy Thursday!








3 comments:

  1. I really like your little pink houses! Where are you going to be moving to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your houses! Cali will miss you but I'm envious of your new adventure. I happen to like moving and am long overdue for a change of scenery. But back to your houses - I love the way you combine textures and elements. So very cool. You are so talented! And I love the red hand tease - can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :]
    Glad you came by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete