Monday, March 26, 2012

Think Recyclable!

Yes...
I tend to get overly excited about creating something from reusable materials. 
 I know... 
it is an unusual use for an egg carton.

Looking over a ton of DIY projects, tutorials, and endless videos...
I narrowed it down to this one in particular.
I was absolutely thrilled, to how this craft is turning out!
Take in to mind... I made a few adjustments, 
wanting to work with supplies and materials I already had available. 

Today, I wish to share it along with you.

I am delighted to add this one to my bookshelf!!
** Egg Carton Book **

40 pages thick!


I am feeling this still needs a little more detail, so the project is not completed.
Thinking of adding a painted trim around the edges of the paper.
I will post future pictures of the book. 




Also wishing to add some pockets to the pages.
Mixing in some scrap papers,
giving this a real look of recyclable materials.
Can not wait to see the end result!

It is amazing what we can do... when we imagine it!
Happy Monday to you.



15 comments:

  1. Great, this is the ultimative recyclable Easter project, wonderful idea! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant.
    An Egg Book............fantastic!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gwen! :]
      So happy to see you visit here today, enjoy...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello, Shawn!
      So glad you stopped by for a visit, enjoy. :]

      Delete
  4. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I can't wait to see it all finished up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorinda.
      I am excited to see how the finished project turns out too!! :]
      Always a surprise, sometimes not the way I plan it to be.
      We will see...
      Take care ((hugs))

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see how it turns out! those egg cartons are always a temptation and you have dealt with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of your creations are wonderful!! I always come here to get inspired!! xxoo hope all is good! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this done before and I've always thought it was a great way to repurpose an egg carton. Your project looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Ladies!
    So glad you stopped by for a visit ((hugs)) :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. That IS the ultimate Easter recyclable art project...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you find these small egg containers? I've never seen them but that could be because I buy large containers of eggs are these just sold at any grocery store and I have missed them somehow? Please let me know if you get this!

    ReplyDelete