Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rambling Artist...

Yes, I know... 
I have talked about this before, posted pictures on my creations, 
and have given my thoughts and ideas on the subject.
With only a week left, before Easter, 
there is still many artful creations to be crafted. 
That means more eggs too!
***
I know that decorating eggs and chocolate bunnies are a big custom to many.
Don't get me wrong, all of this is very fun. 
I do enjoy 
celebrating Easter with family, 
participating in the joy of coloring eggs, 
egg hunts 
and 
eating chocolate bunnies.
What could be better? 
***
Personally, I find Easter to be one of my favorite holidays to celebrate!
Also known as Resurrection Day.
Easter marks the end of Lent.
In my religious beliefs, I have such a great passion for what it stands for.
This day, holds a very deep and spiritual meaning to me.

Pietro Rotari (1707-1762)

Now... 
back to the making of art and crafts!
Egg Carton Book 




Yes, you are right... 
this isn't the same color egg carton as the previous picture, I posted.
That is because...
before I could get photos of the completed book project
my neighbor dropped by, fell in love with the book, 
and had to purchase it as a gift for someone special.
How wonderful is that?!


There I was...
off the create another egg carton book.
Excited to show you all the finished art project, as promised!




I did add a painted trim to the pages,
slipped in a few wax paper sheets, telephone pages,  
and corrugated cardboard as well. 


Tied scrap ribbons, yarn, shoe laces, string, window screen, and more...
to the ring binders. 

There you have it!
***

Altered Corrugated Cardboard 
Eggs





 I used corrugated cardboard, 
scrap papers, a printed-paper napkin, acrylic paint, and UHU glue.
Sized them up to be used as Easter cards. 
What fun to create.


Happy Saturday Everyone!