Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rambling Artist...

Yes, I know... 
I have talked about this before, posted pictures on my creations, 
and have given my thoughts and ideas on the subject.
With only a week left, before Easter, 
there is still many artful creations to be crafted. 
That means more eggs too!
***
I know that decorating eggs and chocolate bunnies are a big custom to many.
Don't get me wrong, all of this is very fun. 
I do enjoy 
celebrating Easter with family, 
participating in the joy of coloring eggs, 
egg hunts 
and 
eating chocolate bunnies.
What could be better? 
***
Personally, I find Easter to be one of my favorite holidays to celebrate!
Also known as Resurrection Day.
Easter marks the end of Lent.
In my religious beliefs, I have such a great passion for what it stands for.
This day, holds a very deep and spiritual meaning to me.

Pietro Rotari (1707-1762)

Now... 
back to the making of art and crafts!
Egg Carton Book 




Yes, you are right... 
this isn't the same color egg carton as the previous picture, I posted.
That is because...
before I could get photos of the completed book project
my neighbor dropped by, fell in love with the book, 
and had to purchase it as a gift for someone special.
How wonderful is that?!


There I was...
off the create another egg carton book.
Excited to show you all the finished art project, as promised!




I did add a painted trim to the pages,
slipped in a few wax paper sheets, telephone pages,  
and corrugated cardboard as well. 


Tied scrap ribbons, yarn, shoe laces, string, window screen, and more...
to the ring binders. 

There you have it!
***

Altered Corrugated Cardboard 
Eggs





 I used corrugated cardboard, 
scrap papers, a printed-paper napkin, acrylic paint, and UHU glue.
Sized them up to be used as Easter cards. 
What fun to create.


Happy Saturday Everyone! 




15 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the spiritual meaning of Easter. Easter is full of hope and renewal. Eggs and bunnies are cute, but they don't convey the true meaning of Easter to me.

    I think it is so COOL that your neighbor fell in love with your other egg carton book and had to have it!!! That is wonderful! I'm wondering where you found such a small egg carton and one out of paper! I could kick myself because when I was at the grocery store last week, I didn't even look! Looks neat!

    Right now I'm working on a book of sorts and trying to let go and experiment! Right now it's a game of waiting for paint and glue to dry. Have to keep at least two projects going at once so while one is drying, I can work on something else! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karenann,
      Sounds like fun... having several projects all going at the same time, is the best way to create!! :]
      Yes, never pass up anything paper or cardboard...
      Not sure if I am shopping for food at the market or looking at something and telling myself, "I could use this to make a project with!" LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, April...Easter has been the MOST meaningful holiday to me since I was a little girl. I am loving your egg carton books...I understand why they appealed to your neighbor so much! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andria!
      I am sure you could create on too :]
      Enjoy...

      Delete
  3. so, so cute April! Love your book. Happy early Easter!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... Thanks, Lorinda :]
      Happy Easter to you too!
      ((hugs))

      Delete
  4. So glad your neighbour fell in loe with your egg-box book. And the eggs are cool - I will give thise a try, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie!
      Yes, you will love the project... perfect for gifts.
      Now... to decide which picture to use of my Grandbaby. The photo will be placed on the backside of these egg cards.
      Hard choose I think he is adorable in all his pictures!!! :]

      Delete
  5. Ok first...I want one of those egg carton books you should make a step by step video! I'd love to give one a go! Further, love the eggs you made how did you get them so perfectly shaped? Curious on that one...their adorable I love them.
    Happy Passion Sunday April...+
    Thank you for always coming by my little cyber space in the world. I hope you have a wonderful Palm Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... :]
      A video, I will have to step up to the plate one day and do this!! Fantastic idea!
      The large cardboard eggs shaped cards, I drew out the template myself.
      Trace, cut, paste and paint away! Very addictive... be careful LOL
      Take care.

      Delete
  6. That is just the most amazing book! Not suprised your neighbour snaffled up the first one. And I love your eggs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah, so glad to stopped by for a visit!!
      Enjoy... :]

      Delete
  7. Such wonderful Easter pieces, April. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie! :]
      So glad to stopped by for a visit, thank you for your sweet comment. ((hugs))

      Delete
  8. Awesome creations April! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete