Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday

~ I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others
in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction.
Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn
must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion,
and elimination of ignorance, selfishness, and greed.  
~ Dalai Lama


What or whom do I wish to make peace with?

Myself.

I have lived long enough to realize...
you can not make anyone, including family members...  see things in a different light.
Unless they are willing!
Willing to open their hearts, allowing love and compassion to fill their soul.

Over the past two months, I have been carrying around a heavy heart.
Honesty... the weight of it all,  had become unbearable.



If I was to light a candle for every hurtful word that was exchanged...
you could supply enough light to fill the city, for everyone to see.

Who wants to keep track of that, anyways?

Wasted time, energy, and space... filling my heart and life up with. 
Life is too precious!
I am willing to make peace with myself.
I may not be able to change, the point of view of others... 
I can personally change the way if effects me.


Things may not be the way I want them to be... but I have a wishful heart!