Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thrift Store Therapy

I just love taking a trip to our local thrift store... 
rummaging through stuff, you never know what treasures you might find!


I was in  search of finding a book I could use to alter for Book-Of-Days 2012.
I had a few already laying around in my studio, but for this art journal project 
I wanted a larger size.
(honestly...I need to get busy, and caught up with the everyone else who has joined this project.)


I am very excited and eager to get playing with my pages... 
so I thought, a trip to the thrift store would be the perfect place to find a book.


Plus, it is so much fun!
I also, gathered these extra treasures right up into my cart.


Van Gogh - coffee mug
(what fun it will be, drinking my morning coffee out of this cup!)
*50 cents



set of 12 cards - Stylis *75 cents
Tag in a Bag set of 12 (really cute) *25 cents each
(I can use the cards to say "hello" to my artsy friends!)



vintage hangers (2) *75 cents each
(been searching for these for some time)



I was super excited about finding these!
(deck of "fortune telling cards")

Perfect for my art journaling!
$1.00


These darling tea cups! $1.45 each
(way too sweet to pass up!)





** Total $7.15 **

Almost forgot... yes I did find a book to alter!
I will be working on that today in my art studio.
Will post pictures very soon...

Happy Thursday!