Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kick-Start Your Creativity

Wishing you all...
 a very productive and absolutely, incredible artful day!
This is an amazing video, I just had to share along with you.
 
My Thoughts:
Knowing that being creative is a process and living it out as an artist, can be a journey in itself.
We sometimes pull ourself in a million different directions...
Perhaps something (someone) inspires us to change our direction.
Weather it is working in a different medium, style, or technique.
There will be that "Aha" moment.
Our artwork is altered, driven by a passion... an uncontrollable urge to create!
We declare our uniqueness through our artwork.
We shout it out visually.


In the end...
What I find so magical about this process is; when you pull it all together...
gather up all the art elements, mix it up with a willingness to create...
there is always a story to be told.

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-
things I had no words for."
~ Georgia O'Keeffe


I've got my stretched canvases prepped with Gesso.
I am very excited to start painting again.


I have a date!!
I am going out to breakfast with my Husband this morning.
This is a real treat for the both of us!
He is usually off to work before the sun rises.
Afterwards, we are off to
I am in need of acrylic paint, new brushes and oil pastels.
With a store-wide sale, who could resist!!!
***
Having sweet pancakes, spending time with my best friend, 
and
going to an art store; 
which is having a huge savings on art supplies...
A girl could not ask for a better date!


Happy Saturday