Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Paint Your Pain

Frida Kahlo
July 6, 1907- July 13, 1954
***

When I think of how important it is 
 to be self expressive through out artwork...
there is only one artist that comes to mind
Frida Kahlo
***
At the age of 18 
Frida Kahlo
 was in a devastating bus accident,
that left her with a lifetime of pain.
While bed-ridden in a body cast she began to paint,
addressing the issues of her fractured body 
and 
the pain that was inflicted upon her.
***
Frida Kahlo 
underwent more that thirty operations in the course of her lifetime.
Her self portraits were her main subject.
Frida's paintings were related to her experiences with both...
physical 
and 
psychological pain.
***
Life holds many issues...
It's not always pretty.
It is through self expression, that we can work it out.
Having the courage to bring it forward...
recognize it and own it.
***
As an artist,
women,
and 
someone who can relate to daily pain...
When I think of, who do I admire, as an artist...
only one name comes to mind!

Frida Kahlo
ATC

This is for a swap I am participating in.
Theme
Lady in a Hat
***
If there was anyone I could bring to a party...
IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE
FRIDA KAHLO
***
Since I am on the subject of Frida
 I want to share with you 
this wonderful find!
Over this weekend...
My husband and I took the family out to lunch.
We strolled around afterwards and came across 
this charming little thrifty/vintage shop.
What a sweet treasure I found!
Made by
Classic Hardware
***
Have a wonderful Tuesday!




1 comment:

  1. Frida Kahlo was a wonderful painter and a very brave woman. Love your ATC and that bracelet is an absolute treasure! Valerie

    ReplyDelete