Thursday, May 17, 2012

Facing Accomplishment

"Be busy does not always mean real work.
The object of all work is 
production or accomplishment
and
to either of these ends there must be forethought, 
system, planning, intelligence, 
and 
honest purpose, as well as perspiration.
Seeming to do is not doing."
THOMAS A. EDISON


This quote is something I am applying to my work these days...
"I AM DOING!"

29 Faces In May

Yes... I am back on track!
Completed Face # 16.
I will upload a photo during my next posting, I promise.
I really wish to stay focused, complete one painting per day.
Getting caught up.. was work, honestly!!!
I realized...
I do not wish for my paintings to suffer.
Meaning...
that they become a mass of production; work without feeling, 
then lose what creating them was all about. 
Solution...
try my best to not get caught behind!! 
***

This is what I am working on today.


I thought I would sketch this face out on a map.
Interesting background, don't you think? 

Also, a sneak peek at Face # 16, there she is... in the background.
Enjoy.

Happy Thursday!







12 comments:

  1. Very good background, looking forward to seeing it finished! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie!
      Yes... the excitement is building in my studio as well. :]
      Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I so love maps - looking forward to the finished face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Deborah!!! :]
      Thought I would give this a try... enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Maps are a favorite of mine too. Can't wait to see the finished face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate!
      So wonderful of you to stop by for a visit. ((hugs))
      Thank you, love the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. mindful

    such a powerful word and a personal fave of mine - I am constantly striving to be mindful - not an easy feat ;)

    you are acknowledging the power in that word April....bravo!!

    I am liking where mapgirl is headed.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emily :]
      So glad to hear, you are enjoy your visits! ((hugs))
      Yes, I agree... "mindful".

      Delete
  5. Love the sketch on the map. Great idea!
    I agree that when "catching" up becomes mass production, it isn't much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karenann :]
      Thank you for stopping by for a visit, always a pleasure!! ((hugs))
      Enjoy the process, there is more to come...
      oxox

      Delete
  6. Drawing on a map is a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nora! :]
    So wonderful of you to stop by for a visit, enjoy...

    ReplyDelete