Monday, September 19, 2011

1-2-3 What is inspiring to me?!

Thought I would share with you...
what inspires me 
***

 AREN'T WE ALL A LITTLE CURIOUS...
 TO WHAT INSPIRES EACH OTHER? 
***
Where does that "hidden" spark of creativity come from...?
You know the one I am talking about!
When we have hit a dry spell...
When it is quiet, and we ask our self... now what to make?
When we have gathered up all our resources, yet still...
"not feeling it."
***
We are not always surrounded by other creative souls.
We spend hours alone in our creative space.
Yet, it will hit you...
like a brick wall!
You suddenly realize, you are just going through the motions.
 You need something more...
something that is going to give you that...
"Aha!!"
moment.
***

These are a few of the resources I turn to.
***

#1
BOOKS


I simply adore books!!
No doubt about it.
***

I had ordered these from Amazon.
Had read good things about each of these books,
so I thought I would explore them for myself.

They arrived on Saturday.
Let me tell you...
I am super excited to dive into these!!
I will keep you posted, as I go through them.

I have not finished this one yet.
(posted previously)

This is such a delightful book!
The author/artist, Corey Moortgat explains 
 how to achieve your on style of collage art through your 
own person life experiences. In exchange, this is what creates 
your own unique style towards your collage work.
***





***


#2
MAIL ART
There is nothing 
more delightful
than receiving a piece of art created by someone!!
In the mail, even better.
***

By joining swaps and participating in sending out mail art
is very important!
I get to connect on a real personal level.
Make new friends along the way.
For me... it creates a more realistic value to, 
 why I love to make art.
The whole experience of,
seeing, holding, and touching what someone else has created...
always inspires me!
***

Here are 2 newly discovered 
Call for 
MAIL ART
exchange
  which I will be delightfully participating in!





#3
VIDEOS
Exploring visually, other artist's playroom 
and 
watching them create using their wonderful techniques...
can be very motivating!
Inspiring... indeed!
***
***
Tell me... what inspires you?
***
Happy Monday














4 comments:

  1. the same things inspire me too.. i have cut it paste it sew it.. amazing book! and visual chronicles I have as well.. the personal imagery one.. I am still reading myself.. love love it!
    We are so much alike, you and I ! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books too- and that video was great! How do you find those kind of things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colours, books, dreams, people - all inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES for sure books!...and nature...and quotes:)

    ReplyDelete