Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Living PAINTfully

One must act in painting as in life, directly.
PABLO PICASSO


 I could not help it... I just had to paint today!


A new painting I am working on. 
I feel a new series emerging. Now that is exciting. 

***


Teabag Bookmark
Technique: Image Transfer


I really like the rich texture, this technique gave the teabag.
Once again... I applied a wax and acrylic gloss to seal it.  



I altered the tag. I thought it would go well with the image.
The image was from the 29 Faces Series I recently painted.


Who wishes to take her home?


Not Available
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
** Found a new home! ** (updated 6/24/12)

Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello Valerie
      Thank you for stopping by and always leaving such encouraging comments! :]
      Enjoy your visit...
      Take care ((hugs))

      Delete
  2. I love the colours of your new series.........so warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I absolutely LOVE the colors of your new painting. It is so thrilling when a new series comes about. The bookmark....oh yes, I would love to see that in one of my books :)

    Happy creating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: just coming back to ask if that was bee's wax that you used. I have some at home, plus the little crock pot to warm it, but I never could seem to get the hang of it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane! :]
      Thank you for stopping by for a visit, always adore your company. ((hugs))
      I use candle wax, no yellowing, I like it that way. Hope that was helpful ? :]

      Delete
  5. Another fabulous tea bag, April, and I love your painting. She has such style and the colours are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. April!!

    love your new painting...colours are yummy!

    I got your mail today....thank you thank you!! beautiful cards first and foremost. and thank you for the Frida swag....I love Friday :) even the packaging was awesome!! I am going to use it in my journal and collage it. thanks again...you are terrific!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. now how did I type Friday instead of Frida?!!!

    ooops

    ReplyDelete