Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's Talk Entrepreneur

HELLO EVERYONE!!
It is good to be back.

If you have a look around my blog, there are a few changes.
All GOOD

At the top there are tabs. 
Please, have a look around. Enjoy. 
 My "original" paintings of the 29 Faces Series 2012, are there.
Say "hello" to all the lovely ladies, they sure would love your company! 

I will also be creating a list of " Art Supplies Q and A "
Feel free to ask me any questions on the topic.
This page is for 
YOU!
I what this to be a go to place...
where you can find answers to 
applying art materials, pros and cons on art products, tricks of the trade, etc.
As creative people
we all have valuable information on this subject, my question is... why not share?


Over to your left... you will find
29 Faces Collage 
Greeting Cards
 and 
Postcards 
available to purchase.
These were such a big hit!
I just know you will be very happy with them.
The postcards are awesome!

If you still wish to make a donation towards 
 29 Faces Collage / handmade card
Email me

** I am limited **


Now
"Let's talk entrepreneur."
As I mentioned, in my previous post, I will be exploring 3 books over the summer.
Topic: Summer Reading 
BOOK CLUB
I will be incorporating each one of these books;
into my daily posts, art journaling, 
paintings, post my thoughts, AHA moments, etc.
cover to cover  
I do hope you will be joining me! 

This is the first one




Being a "creative" entrepreneur in on the top of my list.
How about you? 

(journal page)

CHAPTER ONE
Touches on the subject of creating a "visual" journal.
I am all about "visual!" 
We are off to a good start...


Lisa Sonora explains how, creatives tend to be visual.
We respond and engage in a personal, meaningful way.
 Last, visual journaling is a great way to gain insight. 

Thriving, Not Surviving
It is just not fair... I work hard on my paintings!
My artwork must not be  good enough.
Only I think I am an artist.
I must be dreaming... to think I can make an income painting all day. 

It is okay!
We all have thought this way, at one time or another. 
Or, we are still struggling with these thoughts.

Honestly
Being an artist, creating the artwork or craft, that is a skill in itself.
To sell what you create, that takes running your own business.
That is a whole different ballgame! 
Two different lines of work. 
It has nothing to do with how well you painted that piece, you are a fantastic artist!!
What we need to do is, better understand how to market ourself;
become a "Creative Entrepreneur."
Makes sense, right? 

Happy reading, enjoy your Monday!









12 comments:

  1. Wow, loving your new look, and I wish you luck each step of the way you take! Glad your card arrived safely! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie :]
      You are very sweet and thoughtful, thank you!! ((hugs))

      Delete
  2. Your blog looks fabulous April! I'm looking forward to receiving my beautiful card & that book "The creative Entreperneur" looks very good...I might buy it I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fiona :]
      Thank you, so glad you enjoyed your visit, always love the company!
      Yes, you will love your card and once again... THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. ((HUGS))
      This book, is well worth your time to read, I highly recommend it.
      Take care.

      Delete
  3. Liking the new look and hope your cards just fly off the shelves! What a great idea to work through a book or two and share what you learn along the way! I'll be following.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terrie
      Thank you for your encouragement and positive thoughts!
      You are thoughtful... :]
      Glad you are enjoying your visit and my "summer reading"
      I will have plenty to share along the way.

      Delete
  4. yay! hi april - thanks for stopping on over to my blog and i'm so happy to come and visit yours - it looks like it will be an inspirational well-spring <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :]
      Thank you for stopping by... enjoy your visit here. ((hugs))

      Delete
  5. Love those pages and your new look blog is great - love the header, and I am now off to explore the tabs!
    Thank you for all your lovely comments - so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie
      So glad you stopped by for a visit, love your company! :]
      Enjoy...
      Thank you for your encouragement and sweet thoughts, always. ((hugs))

      Delete
  6. Looking good, April...positive changes afoot! Looking forward to you summer reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new site April!! And am looking forward to reading your recommended supplies list... I'm currently taking Lisa's Creative + Practice workshop and it's great! I know I won't be able to resist her book much longer. I can't wait to see more of your beautiful work explode out into the world. xx

    ReplyDelete