Thursday, February 24, 2011

Building a Creative Workspace - Affirm Your Artistic Intentions!

Your art studio...
your corner of the house...
this crafty space...
or
I'm taking over the dinning room table...

Whatever
you want to call it....

It is your creative space.
It's a sanctuary 
that 
affirms your 
artistic intentions!

With this in mind...
here are a few helpful tips
that you might find useful.

- Wherever you choose to create, make it comfortable and free flowing.

- Make it your own! Add your "artsy"style to that space.
Even if it's small corner of a room...
decorate the wall with pictures
inspiring quotes
colorful streamers
creative/dream wheel
books 
just about anything goes...
possibilities are endless!

- Art supplies, make them accessible...
very important.
You don't want to spend an hour looking for just the right color, pen, or art tool.
Part of being inspired
 I believe...
is having your materials ready.
Creativity sparks at any given time!

With this subject at hand...
I wanted to
share with you...

MY
"Artistic Intentions"
I've been working on this dresser drawer...
which my son left behind, when he joined the service.
Like any mother...
I couldn't part with it!
I wanted to add it to my art studio...
a special place...




and this dresser drawer deserved it.

Now...
 it goes with
my art studio...
functional for art supplies...
suits my "artsy" personality...
Above all...
I sent pictures to my son...
 He stated,"wow! that's you mom, can I take it back with me? "LOL

Enjoy your artistic intentions!



6 comments:

  1. I'm still arting on the couch, but this weekend, I plan to make a more workable space for myself. I've been experimenting with the dining room (doesn't work - bad light, dogs under feet), and the couch(reaaaaaaaally bad for my back). So, we'll see. :)

    I love the dresser!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dresser is gorgeous! I set up space at my parent's house, who had a spare room, but forgot about the times when I want to get creative at home, so I'm going to ponder on which tiny bit I can take over! Great post, thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... we need that creative space, very important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this April! Don't let it go... I have to look for clear plastic boxes (x 10) for a wall unit 'cos I was daft enough to tell DH that all my supplies would fit into that space!! Ah well, I love a challenge!

    ReplyDelete