Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday- Prompt #3

What do I wish for this winter...?
And you would accept the seasons of your heart,
just as you have always accepted 
that seasons pass over your fields
and
you would watch with serenity 
through the winters of your grief.
~ Kahlil Gibran
I wish to...
- reflect - accept - heal -
It is during the winter months that nature becomes dormant.
What could we learn from this?
What could I learn from mother nature?
If we do not accept the quiet and inactive state
that surrounds us...
when do you find the time to reflect?

source
***
I have found through refection, when winter presents itself...
I am being given permission to slow it down.
An invitation.
To pause and quietly gather up what is inside of us.

I wish to...
take Winter's invitation and gather in it's silence.
To accept the dormant state of being.
Allowing time to heal, nurture, and with this,
the promise of new growth in the end!

I invite you to Winter's invitation...
Will you join me?
***