Thursday, December 22, 2011

Inspirational Prompt #4

* Tradition *

We treasure them so.
They are practices and beliefs that are passed down 
between generations of family
and
 shared among friends as well.
***
Traditions are usually things we do by choice
because they are customary and meaningful.
***
One of my favorites is making
Chocolate Fudge


For over 20 years 
I have been keeping this tradition 
going in my family.
***
Over the years... 
I have had each of my children
 share in the experience, of making fudge together!
***
I also, like to package the fudge in decorative tins
to give as gifts.
(makes a wonderful treat)
***
I do hope to pass this tradition onto my daughters.
Maybe one day... I will receive 
a decorative tin filled with homemade fudge!

***
** My gift to you! **

(my recipe)
*This was passed down to me from my Grandmother.
Creamy Fudge
4 1/2 c. sugar
130z. can evaporated milk
8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. real vanilla
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz. (1 jar) Kraft marshmallow creme 
2 c. broken walnuts (roasted in oven at 350 / 10 min.)*
*walnuts are optional 

Butter pan first / put aside
Pour together milk and sugar together in a large heavy pan.
Cook over low heat and stir frequently.
After milk starts to boil stir and cook
(6-10 min.)
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme,
salt, and vanilla.
When mixed thoroughly, add nuts.
Pour into buttered pan, cool, and cut into squares.
***
Enjoy