Thursday, December 22, 2011

Inspirational Prompt #4

* Tradition *

We treasure them so.
They are practices and beliefs that are passed down 
between generations of family
and
 shared among friends as well.
***
Traditions are usually things we do by choice
because they are customary and meaningful.
***
One of my favorites is making
Chocolate Fudge


For over 20 years 
I have been keeping this tradition 
going in my family.
***
Over the years... 
I have had each of my children
 share in the experience, of making fudge together!
***
I also, like to package the fudge in decorative tins
to give as gifts.
(makes a wonderful treat)
***
I do hope to pass this tradition onto my daughters.
Maybe one day... I will receive 
a decorative tin filled with homemade fudge!

***
** My gift to you! **

(my recipe)
*This was passed down to me from my Grandmother.
Creamy Fudge
4 1/2 c. sugar
130z. can evaporated milk
8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. real vanilla
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz. (1 jar) Kraft marshmallow creme 
2 c. broken walnuts (roasted in oven at 350 / 10 min.)*
*walnuts are optional 

Butter pan first / put aside
Pour together milk and sugar together in a large heavy pan.
Cook over low heat and stir frequently.
After milk starts to boil stir and cook
(6-10 min.)
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme,
salt, and vanilla.
When mixed thoroughly, add nuts.
Pour into buttered pan, cool, and cut into squares.
***
Enjoy







4 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy, must try it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful tradition! Thks for the recipe.. now who doesn't like fudge? Love love love! love you April! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicious! How did you manage to cut them so neat and square!? Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete