Thursday, May 19, 2011

Inner Child part II- Altered Cardboard Project

Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent
with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play.
~Henri Matisse

My rag doll.
She was handmade by my Grandpa in 1976.
My Grandpa taught me, if you can imagine it...
you can make it.
I apply that to life, even to this day!
From mud pies to paper doll houses...
My Grandpa was an incredible inspiration to me!
When I was a little girl...
I loved to color with crayons.
One day he showed me a box filled with oil pastels.
He said to me... with a great big smile, "Now, this is coloring!"
That day...
I fell in love with how smooth & rich the colors were.
We sat and drew together for hours.
A very treasured memory.
As an artistic person who loves to create...
there has been many inspirational people along the way, 
who have made a very big impact on my creative journey.

Altered Book Project
page 9

Who are the people...
that have made an impact on your creative journey?
Happy Thursday!