Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2 for Tuesday

textured tags - project 
I simply can not control myself, when it comes to creating texture! 
The process is all about " self exploring" and apply a verity of mediums to achieve wondrous effects.
You know that moment has arrived, when you look over an art piece and it has reached
its destination of "textured bliss". 

How do we create texture? 
Using more than one medium and building up the layers. 
2 for Tuesday is creating something artful by incorporating 2 products.
I am going to share with you just how these textured tags were made, along side with me is alteredpages.com and the very talented design team. 
To achieve the looks of this tag you will need the following materials: 
manilla tag - 1
torn vintage book pages 
collage sheet - Vintage-Butterfly-Graphics
matte medium 
gel medium 
embroidery floss 
stencils
 The techniques used are all about layering. Allow the process to be absorbed.
- Apply Gelatos first to the tag. 
- Glue down with matte medium your torn book pages.
  (dry)
- Apply a good amount of gel medium down where you will be placing your image(s).
  Do an image transfer:  
  place printed image down on gel medium, rub, wait a moment, lift & peel paper off.     Image will be transferred.   
- take a stencil / apply Dylusion Ink 
- Go around edges of tag with StazOn Ink (black)
- Finish off by hand-sewing the edge of the tag with embroidery floss.
This next tag here... I am still following the same techniques and process.
I just went ahead an added another layer, another medium.
Wanted to dramatize on "texture" and by applying joint compound, this can easily be achieved and create that effect. 
Once all the mediums have reached their drying state you can apply this technique. 
- lay a stencil on top of artwork, use a pallete knife and apply the joint compound over the top of the stencil. 
- lift carefully, you do not wish to distort the shapes. 
(dry)
These tags are amazing!! 
The look and feel of these textures are incredible. I LOVE IT ALL. 
What is even more exciting is...I am not finished with these tags either. 
I have a purpose from them and these tags will serve me well for a future project 
I am designing. 
I CAN NOT WAIT TO SHARE! 

for more exciting projects from the design team
visit us at 















   

No comments:

Post a Comment