Monday, October 22, 2012

Carving Out Humanity

:: the sacred heart ::
I grabbed some thin craft foam and carved this drawing directly onto it.
Using a pencil for the illustration and a photo for my example. 
Then I cut it out and mounted it onto this tiny block of wood.
A journal spread- my token of humanity...
The Sacred Heart 
is one of the most widely practiced and well-known devotions. 
This devotion is predominantly used in the Catholic Church.
It emphasizes on love, compassion, and humanity. 

I craved out this foam stamp, as a little reminder to myself...
that love and compassion are necessary, if you wish to survive life's little challenges!


13 comments:

  1. April,

    This is gorgeous! I've been wanting to try my hand at making my own stamps for use in collage and hand painted furniture. I've learned something new today....that I can get craft foam to do this. And of course, my husband has a million wood scraps. Thanks for the inspiration!

    x0
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane
      So glad to read, you are enjoying your visit!
      Have fun arting away... :]

      Delete
  2. I adore sacred hearts (just the imagery) and your carved stamp is genius. For such thin foam it stamps brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah
      Thank you!! :]
      Yes, I was amazed on how much detail this craft foam prevailed.
      Super fun, easy to manipulate, & fast to create!!

      Delete
  3. Love your Sacred Heart stamp! I'll have to try carving into the craft foam. Does seem like it would work, but I've never tried it! I happen to have a sheet handy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karenann
    THANK YOU!! Glad you like the Sacred Heart stamp. :]
    Yes...this is very easy to do, enjoy. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. April you are getting DARN good at carving these stamps! I tried many years ago to carve stamps into the hard rubber material they sell to make your stamps with and the carpal tunnel in my hands just would never allow for me to go far with that these days but I will so admire your fantastic beautiful...and what a great positive affirmation that symbol lends. Very nice April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great looking stamp. I've never used craft foam to make a stamp although I know others do. After seeing yours I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good at carving stamps, April. It looks so good and I love the journal spread you created with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic carving April!! I envy your skills. Keep up the beautiful work my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete