Monday, July 9, 2012

Have You Heard...

 Abandon Your Art!
Yes.
You Can Do It.
***

There is over 4,500 artist 
who have joined this group on Facebook
called

Come join us at 
***

I decided to create several Art Zines for this project.
There will be a bookmark placed in the middle, 
with all the details of the Facebook group.


What fun...
these will be carefully placed in random places, wherever I go!

How about you?
want to abandon some art, join us... I promise it will be fun!
***

With temperatures reaching the triple digits,
I have not been able to paint much in my studio.
((sigh))
Acrylic paints, do not work well in this heat. 
I find them to "dry" quickly.
 Leaving me little, or no time, to manipulate and move the paint around.
Also, the heat, throws me into a Fibro. flare every time!
Causing inflammation, making every muscle in my body ache, and spasm. 
This makes me sad of coarse...
As I look into the room and hear the painting calling out to me!
I was able to get started, over the weekend, and the story is ready to be told.
It is just frustrating when you can not work on the piece.
I also, do not want to lose my direction towards it either. 
Will have to think about this one...
what do we do, to not lose sight of our work?
Any thoughts on this.

Tomorrow is a new day... and I am looking forward to it!!
Live well. Make art. Even if it is a scribble.















11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of abandoning art, I did something like this with a friend here some years back. The art-zines are great. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie
      What fun, huh?! :]
      I thought the art-zines would make a great gift for someone find; glad you like them.
      Thank you for wishing me well. (hugs))
      Enjoy your visit... love your company.

      Delete
  2. What a WONDERFUL project to get involved with! Could it be any medium for the July challenge? I imagine leaving a little gift bag with hand beaded earrings on a tree, for example. Or a little bag with a few handmade affirmation cards. Hmm...sure does sound rewarding and fun! We too are soldiering this oppressive heat. Lately it's been at least 98-100 each day. I understand the frustration. My eyes have been really bothering me with eye strain recently..so much so that I can only work small amounts of time on a detailed project when I really want to keep going for hours...but my eyes tell me differntly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane
      I can feel your excitement, love it!! :]
      Yes, any medium.
      Make sure to join the group, there is a lot of inspiration buzzing around there!
      Plus, you can look and see what other artists are creating... fun stuff.
      Enjoy...

      Delete
  3. I would love to find one of your zines when I am out an about. Sorry about the fibro flair up. I am finding the heat just makes me tired and ai don't want to do anything. I hope we get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate
      Awww... thanks for wishing me well! :]
      Take care. Enjoy your visit, always nice to see you here. ((hugs))

      Delete
  4. I would give anything to find one of your zines! I would love to make some of these as well about some step by steps for your good ol' pal Deb April? LOL I'd love to make some to abandon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb
      Awww... your are sweet & a sense of humor, love that!!! :]
      Enjoy. Love the company. ((hugs))

      Delete
  5. What a neat project, April! That's a lucky person who runs across your art out in the world. I am sorry to hear about your flare ups of pain. I understand your concern about loss of momentum on your projects. I guess the best that you can do is to continue to work out your ideas in a sketchbook or art journal until you can get yourself back into your studio. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun ... I shall go and investigate ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Art Zines are fab - whoever picks these up will be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete