Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Playful Painted Backgrounds


To stimulate creativity,
one must develop the childlike inclination for play 
and
the childlike desire for recognition.
~Albert Einstein
When I think of creating colorful painted backgrounds...
the word
PLAYFUL 
comes to mind.


I took these, along with a few other backgrounds I had created.
Cut them into strips
and 
weaved them together.
Creating this paper weave.
paper weave created by
April Cole


Play
is an important element in discovering who you are!
Have a playful Tuesday.







8 comments:

  1. The woven piece is so pretty, April! What a lovely idea - I hope you do more of these :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fabulous.. and I love how you weaved them all together.. fabulous. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo love the polkadots! As an art therapist we've done weaving a lot to explain how different emotions are woven together just like the different designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this weave! and the all the quotes are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I do plan on creating more of these down the road.
    Yes... it was very therapeutic indeed. :]
    I agree, this is a great example of emotions woven together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - I think I know now what I will be doing this afternoon! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. April these back grounds before you cut them into strips were beautiful & now they are stunning with the weave I can imagine this is quite therapeutic

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! A great reminder for me to just play without expectation, like when I was a kid. Thank you April:)

    ReplyDelete