Monday, August 6, 2012

Q. and A.

 CARDBOARD 
My take, as an artist, on this pleated paper called...
corrugated board

** Q. and A. **


What do you use it for?
This board makes a great foundation for layering a variety of mediums. 
  

I also like the texture it presences. This always inspires me!



What size is your cardboard and where do you get it? 
Any size.
The wonderful thing about this material is, you can manipulate it to fit any project. 


Recycle. Reuse. Any box will do.


Why do you, as an artist, like creating on this material?
 It Is Free!
Who doesn't like creating beautiful pieces of work, with free materials ? 
This really allows a sense of freedom, a liberation if you will...
I do not feel that pressure of:
"I can not mess this one up, I paid a fortune for this canvas!"
I can relax and simply create.
Allowing the presence of inspiration to overcome me, is all part of the process.

Giving Back
I feel a real sense that I am giving back, instead of taking away.
Utilizing the resources that are already there... 
draws me towards the effect of being in the moment.


What happens during this process?
You simply make art.





Here is the completed piece I was working on last week. 
The artwork is suspended in a canvas frame, 
which was abandoned and left on the side of the road. 

** completed **


My lasting thoughts...
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would 
not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me."
ERMA BOMBECK