Monday, August 27, 2012

Around Here...

:: vegetable garden ::     
A little something to share... my August harvest! 
  
Celebrating the "fruits of my labor".
 :: Homemade Bell Pepper Preserves :: 

 6 bell peppers
1 c. white vinegar
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt

Take bell peppers clean and remove seeds, cut into strips, and chop into fine pieces.
Sprinkle with salt, stir, let set for 1 hour. 
DRAIN WELL
Place in cooking pot.  
Add 1 cup white vinegar and 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Simmer and stir for 45 mins. -1 hr. or until it thicken like a jam.
Let cool. place in mason jars.
SERVE- with cream cheese, on a saltine cracker.
:: YUMMY :: 

:: Homemade Tortillas ::
  
This recipe was added to Friday's Lovely Links. 
You can also find it HERE .
I just had to try making some of these, to go along with my garden salsa.
Let me tell you...
Amazing, easy, and delicious!!
My baby grandson was thrilled to be the first to try these tortillas.
 I was thrilled to have him over.

Enjoy the simple things in life... family, love, and food. 






9 comments:

  1. It all looks so gorgeous! Enjoy. Your grandson is a delight! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely veggies April (I know, tomato's a fruit). Takes me back to when we had a huge polytunnel filled with toms, peppers, aubergines and chilli bushes (we didn't realise how prolific they were we had so many chillis we had to dry and grind them lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah...
      Reading this made me smile, love it! :]
      Yes, chili plants can really produce one heck of a crop. ((LOL))

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm..........fresh grown tomatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my comment showed up twice and tried to delete one of them but they both disappeared! I'm so jealous of your garden and all the produce. Nothing seems to flourish where we live. And your grandson is an absolute cutie pie!

      Sorry I haven't been around much this month. The studio re-do is finally nearing completion.

      Delete
    2. Hello Janet!
      So wonderful to have you come visit, enjoy!! :]
      Can not wait to see photos of your remodeled art space... what fun.
      Thank you, he is a doll.
      Take care ~xx

      Delete