Friday, August 31, 2012

Journal Cards

:: Trade ::

I have received such an incredible response for these art journal cards!
Many are curious...
There are questions, that need answering...
There are those, who are willing to jump right in and play. 
 :: Got to love it! ::
I most certainly do...
With this is mind, I spent some time today creating a few more
art journal cards.


 art journal card
Style of Henri Matisse 


art journal card
Style of Henri Matisse

 I am really looking forward to trading with everyone, 
who is willing to participate.
I plan on creating more over the weekend.
I am having a blast creating these.
I am also excited, to how I will apply them, to my art journal.

If there is one you have your heart set on, you might want to wait...
until I have the whole series  available.
I wish to make sure I have enough, available for the trade. 
:: Q and A ::

What is a journal card? 
Similar to an ATC, these are original pieces of artwork created by the artist.
These cards are for trade and to collect.

What is the basic layout? 
The dimensions are 5 x 8 inches.
Any theme, style, or series. 
Any medium.
Must be "original" artwork.

Rules for the trade?
These cards are not to be sold once traded.
ONLY EXCHANGED.
*this allows the artist to connect, get exposed, 
and to visually experience many other styles of work.
Trade is on a honor system; be honest and respectful to the commitment!

Can I place my information on the card?
Yes.
The artist can write part of all their information on the back. 
Sign the artwork.
Clip a business card to the journal card.

What can I do with an art journal card?
Display the cards, they are a work of art.
Exchange or trade.
Apply to art journal.

Wish to join the fun...trade with me!
Here is what you do.

Email me at artistaprilcole@gmail.com

Leave your name, email address, and blog/website.
I will run the trade for a week.
:: August 30th - September 7th ::
I will do a follow up to all the emails; requesting your snail-mail address.
:: mailed out ::
no later than September 10th.

I will post on my blog, everyone who is participating in the trade.
Post pictures of the art journal cards. 
And... I show you how 
I create artful pages, with these cards I've traded, in my art journal.
:: Super fun! ::

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.




5 comments:

  1. These are sooooooooooooo lovely, April, just happy pieces! hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Valerie... THANK YOU! :]
    So wonderful to know, just how much you love these cards.
    You are always very inspiring!! ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea and had intended to participate but alas life has intruded and I just don't think I'm going to have time. Maybe next time - I just think you're going to end up with some amazing pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if these are part of 29 faces but I like them a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of Matisee before I saw your inspiration - you have definitely achieved his style. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete