Monday, August 20, 2012

Journal Spread

** Confession **
I am Alone 


It is true. 
I am wounded. I am a lonely artist. 
Suffocating in my own creative mind.



The realization hit me like a ton of bricks!
painful - exhilarating - hopeful 
I am an artist willingly, wanting to share my talents and what inspires me. 
 Through this journey of social networking
wholeheartedly wish and want to build strong friendships 
with other like -minded people. 

To have a place where we all can gather.
A place where we can thrive. Support one another. 


 A place to feel safe to share our talents openly, honestly... without judgement.


Honestly..
without the inspiration of others, how else would we keep creating?
Where would we get our nourishment?

  
Together...we are not alone.




Wholeheartedly I confess.







12 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, April. Love the signal colours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie
      Thank you, you are always so inspiring!! ~xx

      Delete
  2. Love your beautiful, vibrant page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are wonderful. So colourful and vibrant, and such depth.
    I agree with you. That is what is so good about blogging; being able to share and gain inspiration. I have made so many friends ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie...
      Yes my readers have become dear friends of mine!! ~xx
      This is very important to me, I value the friendship, Truly I do. :]

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, April, and I share your sentiments. I'm so happy to have you as a creative sister! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post struck a chord - I've felt this way myself and I often feel like I'm the only bumbling, struggling person out there. Then I open my blog reader and am comforted to know that there are many others out there (some with lots more experience than me) that also struggle and wonder and feel insecure.

    I haven't found a local community of artists that I can connect/share with and so my online buddies are my lifeline - isn't it reassuring to know if you put something 'out there', you will get a response? That's so important to us all! Validation. Appreciation. Commiseration. Success. Failure. Support. Encouragement. Who knew blogging could provide all that?!

    I love this page and the sentiments - keep up the great work...we love seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Terrie... just speaking from the heart! ~xx
    Thank you for all your encouragement, love your company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic post!!! I hear you all right! Your art is amazing also!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just copy everything Terrie said?! This week a friend was talking about the upcoming weekend and how she had friends coming to stay with her and her family. Friends with whom they can just 'be'. Their people, their tribe. And it struck me, once again, that I'm missing that tribe--in person. The friends I've made through my little blog are like priceless treasures as I get my artsy feet back under me. Lovely, lovely post and piece April xx

    ReplyDelete