Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tissue Paper Pom-Poms

It's madness... I tell you!

I saw these at Michael's Craft Store.
Of coarse, The Queen of Crafts, Martha Stewart 
had these in her product line of party decorations. 
"I thought... I can make these, how wonderful to have them for the baby shower!"
***

To be honest... these were easy and fun to make.
They look fantastic!!
I altered the project to fit my needs 
and 
the art supplies I had already available at hand.
I think you can be flexible with this project.
***

If you are interested in creating these 
Tissue Paper floral Pom-Poms
I have provided you with the link.

Next
I  painted paper, to create a flag banner.
Still need to cut and create.
The funniest thing happened...
while I was having these painted papers drying on a line.
Our Son's puppy decided that the ball of string was a toy...
and it ended up 
ALL OVER THE YARD!!
It looked like silly string... everywhere.
I should have taken a picture, but I had other things on my mind at the time.
You could imagine!!
***
With paint cans open, paper available, and brush in hand...
I took advantage of the opportunity
and
created a few 
painted paper-background sheets
***



Colors are similar, I'm okay with that.
These sheets with be cut-up and used for different projects.
Future ATC's
Postcard Swaps
and
Altered Rolodex Cards
***
I was so thrilled... to sneak in a little play-time with the paints!!

Happy Tuesday!