Saturday, July 23, 2011

Studio Update...

Here are, but a few things going on in the studio...

The
Altered Book Project
Is complete
 and
 ready for me to bind together!
***

I purchased a 3-ring cardboard folder
 from the thrift-store for 25 cents.
***
Gave it a rough surface. 
(sanded it down with sandpaper)
Applied acrylic paints.
(I'm thinking about adding more texture, design, and patterns to the front cover)



I really like the polka-dotted pattern on the inside!
(I will keep that look for the inside cover)


Now...
for the corrugated cardboard pages, 
I will be creating binging inserts for the pages, out of a verity of materials 
and "artsy" tabs through out the book.
(fun stuff, right!!!) 


I will be posting pictures of the completed project next week!
***

Thrift-store 
These metal little containers caught my eye!

Iam really glad I stopped
 and
 took a speak
 to what was inside these metal containers!
***


You know what I am thinking here...?
On the Go
ARTIST BOX
These containers can be filled with-
paint 
glue
beads
glitter
buttons
possibilites are endless!
***
I am going to paint the outside of the metal containers
and
see where it goes from there...
***

Matchbox Swap
Hosted by
The Altered Paper
***
I partnered up with 
Tee
***
Just look at this fantastic 
matchbox
she created!
Loaded with "artsy' goodies too!!
I love it
***




Look at this beautiful handmade 
scrabble game piece charm!
D-E-L-I-G-H-T-F-U-L
***
Thank you Tee.

Happy Saturday!






4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your completed book! Lovely things from Tee, too! And I do wish I had your thrift store nearer to me! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your completed book- I never thought of using a binder... And what a great buy at the thrift store!!! When I saw those little round ones in the case I thought the same thing- good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your completed book. You are good with those thrift store finds, aren't you? Have fun with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all... for your support on completing the "altered book project".
    I am excited too! :]
    I am very, very curious to see the out come, using the 3-ring binder.
    My goal is to make it as "chunky" as possible... we will see :]

    ReplyDelete