Saturday, July 23, 2011

Studio Update...

Here are, but a few things going on in the studio...

The
Altered Book Project
Is complete
 and
 ready for me to bind together!
***

I purchased a 3-ring cardboard folder
 from the thrift-store for 25 cents.
***
Gave it a rough surface. 
(sanded it down with sandpaper)
Applied acrylic paints.
(I'm thinking about adding more texture, design, and patterns to the front cover)



I really like the polka-dotted pattern on the inside!
(I will keep that look for the inside cover)


Now...
for the corrugated cardboard pages, 
I will be creating binging inserts for the pages, out of a verity of materials 
and "artsy" tabs through out the book.
(fun stuff, right!!!) 


I will be posting pictures of the completed project next week!
***

Thrift-store 
These metal little containers caught my eye!

Iam really glad I stopped
 and
 took a speak
 to what was inside these metal containers!
***


You know what I am thinking here...?
On the Go
ARTIST BOX
These containers can be filled with-
paint 
glue
beads
glitter
buttons
possibilites are endless!
***
I am going to paint the outside of the metal containers
and
see where it goes from there...
***

Matchbox Swap
Hosted by
The Altered Paper
***
I partnered up with 
Tee
***
Just look at this fantastic 
matchbox
she created!
Loaded with "artsy' goodies too!!
I love it
***




Look at this beautiful handmade 
scrabble game piece charm!
D-E-L-I-G-H-T-F-U-L
***
Thank you Tee.

Happy Saturday!