Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mail Art- A Powerful Movement

Yes!
if you didn't already know...
I am thrilled about participating in swaps.
***
Mail Art
Receiving artful treasures created by other artists  
is simply amazing!
Engaging in the same interests...
connecting with other on a creative level...
and
creating friendships from miles and miles away.

All with the same intentions in mind...
making art
very powerful.
***

One
of my favorite swaps 
is
The Postcard Swaps
I had previously posted about participating 
in
Hosted by
Kat Sloma
The rules where as followed- 
Send 5 printed postcards of your original artwork
(All the same print or each one different)
In return, you will receive 5 originals from different artists.
How fun is that...?
***
I decided to print my postcards
from my altered book art series.
***

I thought adding a boarded gave these postcards
 that extra touch.
Now these can be easily displayed 
for those who receive them. 
***
In between creating my flip-flap art journal...
which let me tell you, has been so much fun to make!
(I will be binding it together this week and sharing it will everyone)
I will be creating many more
 hand-made books.
I really enjoy creating them!!
***
I have been on a roll...
Art Swapping that is!
***
Teresa Hall
of
The Altered Paper
mixed media crafts
Hosts
several swaps
join in the fun!
***
The one that caught my interest 
THE VINTAGE MATCHBOX SWAP
***
What a clever idea...
sending a box full of artful goodies!

My theme
Vintage California
***
 materials:
old map
vintage postcard
vintage photo 1940's
paper doily
crepe paper-yellow 

contents:
set of rubber alphabet stamps
carnival tickets
vintage metal tags
coin envelopes
hand-paint altered tags (variety of sizes)
glitter mix
crafty clothes-pins
vintage paper envelopes
  (hand-made /watercolor)


Those California Dreams...

If you ever thought about a swap...
they are fun
 inspiring
and 
keep your
creative juices flowing.
Don't be shy...
***
Have a wonderful Tuesday!