Thursday, December 2, 2021

Fruitcake - BAD REPUTATION

Fruitcake lives a sad life as the worst Christmas gift!  

The much maligned dessert has a well-worn reputation. 

When we think of fruitcake we think of a thick, dense brick of a cake. 

One dotted with candied fruits and nuts. 

The brighter-than-a-Christmas-tree, neon, jellied fruits 

that top many cakes are often the major culprit. 
 

Perhaps the biggest misconception about fruitcake is that they taste bad. 

The problem doesn’t lie within the cake itself, but the ingredients and recipes people tend to use. 


When I think of "FRUITCAKE"
I think of childhood memories. 
My Grandmother, and how delicious her homemade fruitcakes were. 
I could not wait till Christmas time, because I knew she would be 
baking up those wonderful cakes packed with love! 
They were moist, sweet, and delicious. 
The smell of her kitchen was heavenly. 

NO JOKE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment