Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Altered Matchbox

:: dia de los muertos :: 
Day of the Dead
Wikipedia

 On November 1st, I created this painting for an art journal spread.
A journal prompt, hosted by Christy Sobolewski at Art Geeks .
I decided to "reuse" my artwork, to created an altered matchbox.
By reducing the size of the artwork, to fit the proportion of the box,
then I copied it on my inkjet printer. 
(you may alter your printed drawing, adding color or design)
STEP 1 -  altering the matchbox.

materials:
1 lager size matchbox
1 photo copy (clipart or original artwork)
cereal box ( cut- out templet for wings)
tacky glue
gesso
acrylic paint
inks
oil pastels
matte medium 
scrap papers / vintage book pages
wire
embellishments 

STEP 2 - combining all the elements to create this altered piece.

:: my shrine ::
a tribute to honor those who have gone before us. 
TO REMEMBER IN PRAYER.