Altered Pages Design Team project
Having multiple uses with one stencil
add a few collage techniques
pop in a tag (of course)
apply several layers of paint, and we can call it a "TRENDY TUESDAY!"
This is a two page art journal spread.
Using one stencil to achieve both the painted and doodle effect applied on an off the page as seen above here.
1- paint on stencil with acrylic paint/sponge applicator applying dabbing technique.
2. using a waterproof (fine tip) marker trace the inside of stencil shape.
The tag and collage image are added after the layers of acrylic paint are applied; background effect.
I like to implement images of people, for they alone, can help move along a story in a journal.
A tag can also become an added addition with many functions to offer:
- apply writing on the back side of tag. ( it becomes a hidden note )
- attach to any side of the page with washi tape creating a flap to your journal. ( tip-in )
- paste a photo directly to the tag add embellishments.
- sew tag onto page.
Honestly, there are endless options to incorporating stencils, collage images or tags to any art journal... for there is no direct rules.
An art journal's mission is to allow for "play" and freedom of self-expression.
I personally, will move around all my paper objects countless times, before settling on gluing them down permanently.
As you see here... this art journal layout will allow plenty of room for writing.
Stencils and tags are "TRENDY" indeed...
I still believe, we can always find a way to use them "BEYOND THE NORM".
- more stencils can be found HERE
- awesome tags HERE
- collage images I use in my artwork- digital collage sheets HERE
This artwork was made possible, because Altered Pages believes in creative people like you and I.
visit the whole Design Team http://alteredpages-artsociates.blogspot.com