Monday, March 4, 2013

weathered and worn...

:: paper cutter ::
my antique Guillotine paper cutter, produced by Milton Bradley Co.  
Over the weekend, I began the process of packing up a room, 
a room that has become one of my favorite places to be. 
It had taken on a name all it's own... my studio, April Cole's Studio.
 As I take a long, hard look around... 
I see some of my favorite objects, painted paper, sketched faces on found objects,
artful creations, paintings on corrugated cardboard, incomplete artwork, 
hand-bound books, and artwork created by artists' who have become my friends.
 I wish to share with you 
a few of my favorite things along the way, like my paper cutter.
 Yes!
 I use it to cut all my paper. 
We have grow very attached to each other.
Just think, years ago... someone threw it out, 
leaving it on the side of a curb with a pile of junk.
I love that it is wood. The blade is still sharp and cuts clean.
 I have cut so much paper, created countless art projects, 
and it has left me with endless paper shavings for collage work. 
I do not think we could ever part.

Do you have a few favorite objects in your creative space?